YouTube recently announced YouTube most viewed ads globally and in Nigeria for 2018. These YouTube most viewed ads
- Watch time
- Mix of paid/organic views.
According to YouTube’s metrics, the following are the YouTube most viewed ads globally and in Nigeria
The YouTube Most Viewed Ads Globally for 2018
- Alexa Loses Her Voice: Amazon Super Bowl LII Commercial-50.1M views
- YouTube Music: Open the world of music. It’s all here- 39.5M views
- OPPO F7: Real Support Makes Real Hero – 31.7M views
- Nike: Dream Crazy -27.3M views
- Groupon 2018 Super Bowl Commercial: Who Wouldn’t- 25.5M views
- Turkish Airlines: Safety Video with The LEGO Movie Characters- 25.2M views
- Samsung Galaxy: Moving On- 17.4M views
- HomePod: Welcome Home by Spike Jonze for Apple- 16.3M views
- Gatorade: Heart of a Lion- 13.7M views
- Rescue Blue the Dinosaur: LEGO Jurassic World, Pick Your Path- 10.8M
The YouTube Most Viewed Ads in Nigeria for 2018
- MTN: Traditional Wedding Day- 2.6M views
- Jumia Black Fridays 2018- 2.3M views
- Stanbic IBTC: Enabling you to be you- 2.1M views
- Union Bank of Nigeria: Enabling Success -2.7M views
- United bank of Africa: 919 Dance Video- 1.6M views
- MTN MPULSE: The Takeover- 1.6M Views
- Airtel NG : The-Inlaws Tutorial- 1.4M views
- P&G Nigeria : Ariel Assurance- 1.3M views
- GTBank: Come Let’s Eat Together, GTBank Food & Drink 2018- 1.2M views
- LG INVERTER: The new Inverter equation of home appliances- 1.2M views
Announcer of the YouTube most viewed ads leaderboards in Nigeria Juilet Ehimuan-Chiazor the Google Nigeria Country Director highlighted some key trends she observed. Here are the key trends she highlighted:
Family was a key theme and trend that the top performers shared. Airtels Nigeria’s the in-laws spot was one of such spot that used family to pass on its message..
Another common theme according to Ehimuan-Chiazor was culture. Some of the top performing brands celebrated Nigerian culture with their spots. MTN’s Traditional Wedding day spot was one of such ads.
A lot of brands present on the YouTube most viewed ads list in Nigeria also used musical themes. One brand who used music was UBA with the 919 Dance video.
Taking a Stand
Globally and in Nigeria, a lot of brands chose to take a stand on social and political issues. Brands like Union Bank with its Enabling success spot decided to address social and political issues.
Pop Culture Trends
Some brands decided to infuse popular pop culture trends and moments into their campaigns. Ariel was one of such brands with its Ariel Assurance Ads.