Deciding what to do and where to go in Lagos can be a tedious task because the options seem limited and monotonous. The activities usually alternate between going to the cinema and going out to eat. Lucky for Lagosians and tourist, Lagos is evolving and the number of engaging activities and places to visit seems to be growing. One of such places is Lekki Conservation Center, it is a gem in Lagos and one of Lagos’s top tourist attractions. This post is going to highlight why the Lekki Conservation Center is a great place to visit.
About Lekki Conservation Center
Lekki Conservation Center is a 190-acre Natural resource conservation centre. It was established in 1990 by the Nigerian Conservation Foundation and built by Chevron Corporation with the aim to be a reserved sanctuary for rich flora and fauna. It is located on the Lekki Peninsula, next to the Lekki Lagoon. The nature park has the longest Canopy walkway in Africa. The Conservation Centre is a nonprofit organization but visitors are required to pay a token.
What to Expect from the Lekki Conservation Centre
- The Lekki Conservation centre canopy walkway: This is a major tourist attraction, it has the longest canopy walk in Africa. It is 401 meters long, it is wonderfully designed with a swinging bridge walkway. The canopy walkway takes you through the nature parks vegetation. The canopy walk gives the tourist a bird’s eye view of the nature park’s vegetation and unique wildlife. If you enjoy adrenaline pumping activities then the canopy walk is definitely for you. The canopy walk will treat you to a unique and memorable experience.
- Wildlife and flora: The Lekki Conservation centre boasts of some very interesting wildlife, visitors can get to see crocodiles, a 95-year-old tortoise, monkeys, snakes, beautiful peacocks and other wild animals. The nature park is filled with a rich selection of different trees and healthy flora. As you walk through the 2km bridge you will be treated to the flora and lovely wildlife. The animals roam freely, searching and trying to spot the different animals is a popular activity among visitors. The nature park also contains a variety of beautiful fish ponds.
- Treehouse: There’s also a huge tree house or treetop walkway, where you can climb to get a great view of the nature park.
- Human-sized chess board: There’s also a human-sized chess game, if you are interested in a more relaxing and calm outing, you can play a game of chess on the human-sized chess board
- Huts: The nature park contains some mini huts that are made from raffia. They are a nice place to relax or have a picnic.
Lekki Conservation Centre is a great place to visit, it has a lot of engaging activities and attraction. If you are a nature lover this is the place for you. If you are simply looking for something new and different to do then this is an awesome place to visit. You can make it a family thing or you can go alone if you simply wish to appreciate nature alone.