Procter & Gamble won big at this year’s Effie Awards. The Effie Awards this year was held at Cipriani 42nnd Street in New York. Procter & Gamble’s It’s a Tide Ad took home to top honour at the awards show. Procter & Gamble and Saatchi & Saatchi’s multi-part Super Bowl campaign “It’s a Tide Ad” took the Grand Effie at the 2019 Effie Awards.
About Procter & Gamble’s It’s a Tide Ad
The ad was a Super Bowl ad and it was a multi-part ad. Procter & Gamble’s It’s a Tide Ad starred David Harbour the Stranger Things actor. In the ad, we saw break the fourth wall and genre-hopping and we saw him as a self-referential brand ambassador. He kept on popping up during the commercial breaks when audiences least expected him. He talked about how different ads were really just a Tide ad. The ad was a big hit and was one of the most talked about Super Bowl ad.
‘It’s a Tide Ad’ Wins Grand Effie at Effie Awards
Procter & Gamble’s It’s a Tide Ad won the Grand Effie at the 2019 Effie Awards. To accept the award contributor agencies Hearts & Science, Taylor Strategy, MKTG and MMC accepted the prize together with P&G and Saatchi & Saatchi.
Grand Effie Juror David Lubars, the chairman and chief creative officer at BBDO spoke about the ad winning the award. He stated that the ad had insight, magic, effervescence, surprise, extraordinary execution and great numbers. Lubars talked about how when all these things come together in an effortless way, it’s a winner. Seeing as the Effie Awards is one of the few ad industries shows that requires winners to demonstrate business effectiveness in addition to creative achievement.
Other Campaigns that Competed for the Grand Effie
- “The Blank Page” from the Chicago Sun-Times and Ogilvy
- “Pretty Simple Drinks” from Diageo North America and TracyLocke
- “Anything for Baby” from Gerber, Terri & Sandy and Ogilvy with EdibleHornall Anderson and Hogarth
- “Write-on Wrappers” from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats, Leo Burnett/Arc and Starcom with Google and Krispr
- “Prescribed to Death” from the National Safety Council and Energy BBDO with PHD and Ketchum
- “Dundee: A tourism campaign in disguise” from Tourism Australia and Droga5 with UM and Kovert Creative
- “Axe Start His Journey” from Unilever, Team Unilever Shopper and Geometry with Mirum Shopper;
- “Life After Hate” from WeCounterHate and Possible-Seattle with Spredfast and Hearby Sound.
Procter & Gamble and Other Big Winners at the 2019 Effie Awards
The Effie United States yearly aggregates points accumulated from its awards shows worldwide to compile the annual Global Effie Index. This year P&G was the most effective marketer in the U. S Diageo., Mondelez International came in second while McDonald’s and Tourism Australia tied for third place. For brand effectiveness, McDonald’s came in first while the National Safety Council came in second. Tide took third for brand effectiveness. Interpublic Group of Cos., WPP and Omnicom topped the list of holding companies, while McCann Worldgroup, Ogilvy and Droga5 topped the list of agency networks. The New York offices of Droga5, Ogilvy and Geometry were the most effective agency offices, and Droga5 and Terri & Sandy topped the list of independent agencies. Swellshark and 22squared tied for third.