Having multiple calendars with different appointments on each calendar can lead to a lot of misunderstandings and missed meetings. Managing two multiple calendars is very stressful and it’s very easy to miss appointments or double book. A good way to ensure you are more organized is to subscribe to your Outlook Calendar in Google Calendars. No need to worry you won’t need any plug-ins, add-ins, extensions, or 3rd party tools. On this post, we would be talking about how to show an Outlook Calendar in Google Calendar
Both Microsoft and Google support the iCal format, which is short for “iCalendar.” This is an open standard for exchanging calendar and scheduling information between users and computers. It has been around since the late 1990s. This means you can subscribe to iCals if you have the right link, which is the method we’ll use in this tutorial.
How to Show an Outlook Calendar in Google Calendar: Share an Outlook Calendar
- Log in to your Office 365 account and navigate to Outlook by clicking on the app launcher (that is the nine dots in the top left corner) and select the Outlook icon.
- Click on Settings > View all Outlook settings.
- Open Calendar > Shared Calendars.
- In the “Publish a calendar” section, choose the calendar you want to share select “Can view all details” in the second dropdown, and click “Publish.”
- This will create two links: an HTML link and an ICS link. The HTML link allows people to view your calendar in a browser and the ICS link will enable people to import your calendar into their calendar program.
- Click the ICS link, and a menu will appear. Select the “Copy link” option to copy the link to your clipboard.
How to Show an Outlook Calendar in Google Calendar: Add Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar
- Open up Google Calendar and click on the “+” sign next to “Other calendars.”
- In the menu that appears, click “From URL.”
- Paste the ICS link you copied from Outlook and click “Add calendar.”
- Exit out of Settings and check that the calendar has been added.
- The calendar will sync up with your Outlook calendar as long as you are subscribed. It may take few minutes for changes to the Outlook calendar to be reflected in Google Calendar.
How to Show an Outlook Calendar in Google Calendar: Remove an Outlook Calendar from Google
If you hover the cursor over the calendar, an “X” will appear. Clicking this will unsubscribe you from the calendar. You’ll have to repeat these steps and re-enter the ICS URL to subscribe again.