There are a lot of reasons why you would want your email to arrive at a particular time. Sometime it could be that you want your email to be at the top of someone’s inbox when they start work. Thanks to new features and updates, you can schedule an email in Outlook in advance. On this post, we will run you through how to schedule an Email in Outlook.
Please note that: Sending an email at a particular time does not guarantee that it will arrive in your recipient’s inbox at that time. You should also note that to schedule an email in Outlook you need to be a desktop Outlook Client because it only works for desktop clients and doesn’t work in the Outlook web app.
How to Schedule an Email in Outlook
- The first step on our how to schedule an email in outlook is to create your email. Create your new mail as you would normally do.
- Then go to the Ribbon Click on Options, search for Delay Delivery.
- This will open the Properties windows. Now search for the “Do not deliver before” option.
- The next step on our how to schedule an email in outlook is to set the date and time you want your mail to be sent.
- Then click the Close button. And that’s all there is to it. Send your message, and it will sit in your Outbox until the date and time you chose. Outlook will then send the message.
Please note: Outlook will only send emails when it’s open. If the date and time you’ve chosen rolls around and Outlook is closed, Outlook won’t send the message until the next time you open Outlook. But if you work in Outlook all day and you want to schedule a message within working hours, this isn’t a problem.