Creating a great PowerPoint presentation can be very difficult. You need a presentation that’s very engaging to catch and keep the attention of your audience. Images, graphs, charts etc. are a great way to engage your audience. Another great way is by adding videos, on this post we are going to talk about how you can embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation.
How to Embed a YouTube Video in PowerPoint Step 1: Finding a YouTube Video’s Embed Code
Please note: To play the video, you will need to be connected to the internet.
- Go to YouTube, find the video you want to embed. Once you’ve found it, select the “Share” option, which you’ll find in the video description.
- A window will then appear, giving you a few different ways you can share the video.
- Click the “Embed” option in the “Share a link” section.
- Another window will appear with the embed code along with a few other options. If you wanting to start the video at a particular time, select the “Start at” box and enter the time when you’d like the video to start. Additionally, you can select whether you’d like the player controls to appear and if you want to enable privacy-enhanced mode.
Please note: Privacy-enhanced mode keeps YouTube from storing information about visitors that visit your website that the video is embedded on unless they play the video. Since you will be using the embed code in a PowerPoint presentation, this option is not necessary.
- Select “Copy” at the bottom right of the window to copy the embed code to your clipboard.
How to Embed a YouTube Video in PowerPoint Step 2: Embedding a YouTube Video in PowerPoint
You are done with YouTube, now go to PowerPoint and open the presentation
- Select the slide where you want to embed the YouTube video. On the “Insert” tab, click the “Video” button.
- On the drop-down menu, select the “Online Video” option.
- The Insert Video window that appears lets you search YouTube for a video or paste in that embed code you copied from the YouTube website. Paste the embed code and click the arrow to complete the action.
- The video will appear in the presentation. To resize the video, click and drag the corners.
Please note: The video will first appear as a black rectangle. No need to fret, this is normal. Simply right-click the video and then select “Preview.” This will give you a quick preview of how the video will look during your presentation. So there you have it, that’s how to embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint