There are different and so many ways to improve your PowerPoint presentation. Some people add animations, some add objects, some customize slide transitions and others use interesting and eye-catching themes. Another great way to spice up or improve your presentation is to add music to the presentation. On today’s post on PowerPoint, we are going to run you through how to add music to your PowerPoint presentation.
How to Add Music to Your PowerPoint Presentation
- The first step on our how to add music to your PowerPoint Presentation guide is to go to the “Insert” tab and then click the “Audio” button.
- You will see a menu which would give you the option to either upload music from your PC or record your own audio track.
- If you want to record your own audio, then select “Record Audio,” and the “Record Sound” window will appear. Give your audio a name, then click the “Record” icon when you’re ready to start.
- Once you select the “Record” icon, a timer will start which gives you the total length of what is being recorded. When you are done recording, press the “Stop” icon. To listen to your recording, press the “Play” icon. If you’re done with what you have recorded, select “OK” to insert it into your presentation.
- But, if you choose to upload music from your PC instead, go back to the audio options menu and select “Audio on My PC.” Find the audio file you’d like to use, then select “Insert” at the bottom-right of the window. The great thing about PowerPoint is that it supports several popular formats, like MP3, MP4, WAV, and AAC.
- A speaker icon will then appear in your presentation. Here, you can play the audio, control the volume, and move the audio back or forward 0.25 seconds.
- The “Playback” tab appears in the ribbon. By default, the “Audio Style” is automatically set to “No Style.” What this means is that the audio will only play on the slide where you insert it, the icon will appear in the presentation, and the audio will only begin once you click that icon.
- You can easily change that, simply use the options to adjust the default playback volume, you can choose whether the music starts automatically or on a click. You can also choose whether it plays across other slides, whether it loops until you stop it, and so on.
- You can change this by selecting “Play in Background” in the “Audio Styles” section.
There you a simple guide on how to add music to your PowerPoint presentation.