Google Sheets add-ons work very similarly to browser extensions. They are basically third-party apps you can install to Google Sheets to gain additional features. There are different types of Google Sheets Add-ons, some help with productivity while others have more extensive capabilities. On this post on Google Sheets Add-ons, we would discuss how to add and remove these add-ons to your Google Sheets.
How to Install Google Sheets Add-ons
- To get an add-on, open a new or existing file in Google Sheets, then click “Add-ons,” and then click “Get add-ons.”
- Browse through the list of all the add-ons by using the drop-down menu to sort by category or search using the search bar. After you have found the Google Sheets Add-ons you are looking for, Click the “Free” button to install the add-on. If the add-on is a paid one, then the button will show the purchase price.
- After installing the Add-on, you will need to grant some specific permissions. This is very crucial to allowing the add-on to operate or function correctly. Please ensure that you truly understand the permissions you are giving the add-on. Also please ensure that you trust the developer before you install the add-on
- Click “Allow.”
- Once you are done installing the Add-on and have granted it all the necessary permissions, click on “Add-ons,” search for the add-on you want to use and then click either “Start” or “Open.” This will launch the add-on or docks the sidebar to your window.
How to Remove Google Sheets an Add-Ons
Sometimes you might need to remove an add-on because you don’t need it any longer. Well, it is very easy to remove the add-ons from your Google Sheets. Simply follow these simple steps:
- From the Google Sheet document, click “Add-ons,” then click “Manage Add-ons.”
- A window will pop up, in the window, scroll down to the add-on you’d like to remove, click the green “Manage” button, and then click “Remove.”
- The selected add-on is removed, and the manage button is now replaced with the blue “Free” install button.