Telecom giants Globacom recently unveiled heavyweight world boxing champion Anthony Joshua as their new ambassador. Glo made this announcement during a Glo event in Lagos. Apart from the Anthony Joshua unveiling, the brand also shared some of its plan for this coming year. Following the announcement, Glo released a spot featuring their new Brand ambassador Anthony Joshua.
About the Glo Anthony Joshua Spot
The spot was unveiled during the Glo event in Lagos, the spot is titled ‘It’s in our Blood’. The ‘It’s in our Blood’ spot stars Anthony Joshua. In the spot, the heavyweight champion talks about the Nigerian spirit that makes the Nigerian people so great and has also helped him succeed. He draws parallels between himself, the Nigeria spirit and Glo. He talks about speed, power, tenacity and the fighting spirit that Nigerians are known for. Joshua then endorsed Globacom as a brand that personifies these values that have allowed the Nigerian people and himself succeed. The spot was a huge hit, it has gathered a lot of praise from critics and users.
Glo Shares Its Plans for 2019
After unveiling Anthony Joshua as their new brand ambassador, Glo also spoke about their plans for 2019. Bisi Koleso the Deputy COO Technical spoke at the Glo event in Lagos. He spoke about how they will be counting on the support of its users to take their brand to new levels of success as they continually invest in their mission to drive digital revolution in Nigeria. Koleso also revealed the telecom company’s new communication direction which is driving the future. He spoke about how the brand plans to help users to dream big, rule their work and glow in pride.
The brand also revealed it will be investing massively in infrastructure. They will be investing in its second submarine optic fibre cable. The submarine cable would help to connect Lagos directly to the Southern parts of Nigeria. Glo also spoke about how they plan to initiate new data analytic tools to capture the user’s experience in real time, they will also work on improving the network. They will be rolling out new sites in rural areas to help banish digital walls between cities and villages.
Glo Announces New Range of Products and Services
At the Glo event in Lagos, they also announced that they would be releasing a new range of products and services in the coming days to weeks. Some of the products and services announced include
- The Glo Drive: This device offers limitless storage capacity in the cloud.
- Glo Health Care: This is a digital health assistant which gives users access to the best doctors in the world directly on their phones.
- The Glo Entertainment Portal: This platform gives access to millions of digital entertainment content through Glo Café.
- The Glo Mobile Money: This platform enables financial transactions on the mobile phone.
- Glo Artificial Intelligence: This platform will help offer information and answer enquiries about data plans, prepaid plans etc. without interacting with any human.
- The Glo Connect: This helps users stay connected all the time.
- World Connect: This allows business executives to remain connected to their offices anywhere in the world.