This year was Gerety Awards first-ever edition and they have finally chosen their winners. To decide the Gerety Awards 2019 Winners, the jury had to hold various executive sessions which took place in 10 capital cities. After a lot of deliberations, they have finally decided who the Gerety Awards 2019 winners are. On this post, we would be listing out who these lucky winners are:
Gerety Awards 2019 Winners
- Grand Prix was awarded to LOLA MullenLowe for HIDDEN FLAG
- McCann New York for Changing the Game
- VMLY&R Warsaw for The Last Ever Issue
- Two Grand Prix were awarded to AMVBBDO for Viva La Vulva.
- BBDO New York was awarded agency of the year with 2 silvers, 4 bronze and 8 shortlist. Winning work included #DefyTheName for Monica Lewinsky, Care-E for KLM and Nurses Save Lives for Johnson&Johnson.
- BBDO Worldwide were awarded Network of the year with 2 Grand Prix, 1 Gold, 3 Silvers, 4 Bronze and 17 Shortlists. Winning work included Viva La Vulva from AMVBBDO and AT&T “Train” from BBDO New York
Gerety Awards Speak on its Geret Awards 2019 Winners
Co-Founder Lucía Ongay spoke on the winners of the awards. She stated that she could not be prouder of the winners chosen by the Gerety jury. According to Ongay, there were just 60 entries which reached the required score to be awarded this year’s Gerety Awards. She stated that the highly acclaimed and respected Gerety Awards Jury and the winners they have chosen clearly sets the benchmark for the very highest standard of creativity.
Gerety Jury member Angela Natividad, CCO and Co-Founder of Hurrah.gg also spoke about the winners. She stated that there were plenty of woman-oriented ads, but that’s just the ad industry right now. Natividad then asked what better focus group than Gerety to distinguish truly empowering works from femvertising? She then said that she thinks some agencies believed that, because the jury is all women, work targeting women would stand a better chance. Which of course, didn’t go that way. All the winning brands from this year’s Gerety Awards draw from a range of industries and persuasions and are a testament to the discernment of a diverse and qualitative jury.
About the Gerety Awards
The Gerety Awards is a new awards show which was founded by Joe Brooks and Lucía Ongay. They both previously worked at the Epica Awards as global sales director and global press manager respectively. They both decided to break off from the Epic Awards to create the Gerety Awards, whose goal is to celebrate diversity. The awards show named after copywriter Mary Frances Gerety, who coined the well-known strapline “A diamond is forever” for De Beers in 1948