Blackberry is making a comeback to the Nigerian market with a new Andriod Phone after being absent for almost 5 years. The smartphone company recently unveiled a new Android version of the Blackberry smartphone called Blackberry KEY2 LE. With the new Android phone, Blackberry is targeting 5-10% of Nigeria’s highly competitive market. Their target is to get 10% of the Nigerian market by end of 2019.
Details from the Blackberry KEY2 LE Launch
The Blackberry KEY2 LE was launched on Monday the 26th of November 2018. At the launch, the President of Business Development, Ngilex Mobile Limited, Thomas Larson spoke about why the brand chose Nigeria as their first recipient in Africa for the new phone. He appreciated Nigeria’s business class for all their past support. Blackberry making Nigeria the first recipient of the phone in Africa was the brand’s way of thanking Nigeria for its past support. Larson explained that with the Blackberry KEY2 LE, the brand has stood out because its functionalities is a great balance between personal and professional use.
The President Chief Executive Officer of Ngilex Mobile in Nigeria Kingsley Obaji also spoke during the launch. He acknowledged Nigeria as a key market for mobile phone vendors. To meet their 10% target they plan to intensify its marketing and outreach projects. He spoke about some of Blackberry KEY2 LE’s amazing features.
The Blackberry Key2 LE Features
- The phone comes in slate, champagne and atomic colours.
- It has amazing features that allow you to manage your personal, work and travel life while on the go.
- It is powered by Andriod 8 Oreo and has access to the Google Play store.
- The phone comes with account support and allows dual account management. With the phone, users can handle personal and professional social media profiles independently.
- The Blackberry KEY2 LE has dual SIM slots
- It has an extended battery life that can last up to 22 hours
- The phone is very secure, it locks with fingerprint unlock, it also deletes chat history after logging off.
- The phone also features USB Type-C 3.0 Charging and Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that enables a 50 per cent battery charge in 36 minutes.
- It is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM
- The phone has an internal storage space of 32GB that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card
- The primary camera packs 13-megapixel and the secondary camera on the rear pack 8-megapixel.
Jumia and Konga are exclusive dealers in Lagos and around the country for Blackberry KEY2 LE.