Luckily for the environment, more and more people are working hard to go green. Now we have many corporations who are joining the fight to make the environment better. Small businesses and firms can also join this fight with some simple day to day changes. On this post, we would be discussing some simple tips and way an office can go green to make it a more eco-friendly office.
An Eco-friendly Office: Tips for Turning Your Office Green
- Our first tip for having an eco-friendly office is to go paperless. Minimize printing on paper especially for inter-office communications.
- For a more eco-friendly office, try using projectors to display meeting agendas ( this is another way to avoid printing)
- Try to surround your office with real green plants, you can put a small desk plant on each desk or have really big office plants at different locations. These plants her to recycle the air.
- Recycle old electronics and batteries.
- Another great way to have a more eco-friendly office is to have recycle bins around your office to encourage people to recycle.
- Purchase green products like as staple-less staplers and pens that can be refilled repeatedly rather than sent to a landfill.
- An eco-friendly office uses a lot of natural light as much as possible.
- Another tip is to turn the lights off in rooms when they’re not in use.
- Embrace renewable energy by using green power sources like solar and wind energy.
- Use eco-friendly washroom cleaning products.
- Establish a green team for your company. The team will give employees an opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of green initiatives.
- Use smart power strips that will turn off peripheral equipment when the primary device is turned off.
- Replace older toilets with low-flow toilets.
- Install low flow faucet aerators on your bathroom and kitchen sinks to save reduce your water usage
- Set printers to print on both sides of paper as a default.