Advertising Week, recently revealed the speaker line-up for the upcoming event in Africa. The global brand Advertising Week announced the preliminary list of global thought leaders coming to Johannesburg for inaugural Advertising Week Africa.
About Advertising Week Africa
This will be the first time Advertising Week will be holding an Advertising Week Africa. The event will be held at 1Fox, FerreirasDorp, in centre-city Johannesburg. It will hold from 28th October to 31st October 2019. The event will be a four-day programme and it is expected to attract 4,000 attendees. It will include more than 100 curated events and involve over 200 leading speakers.
Each day of the Advertising Week Africa will feature the Global Keynote Series. The Global Keynote series is a selection of thought leaders from around the world. They will share their high-level perspectives ranging from brands to cultural icons, agencies to tech companies. There will also be the #AWLearn workshops which will offer intimate teaching and learning experiences. It is bringing a new, outstanding destination, joining five other global cities as a place to recognise, celebrate and amplify Africa’s contribution to the global industry.
Advertising Week Africa Speaks
Advertising Week’s CEO Matt Scheckner spoke about the upcoming event. He stated that many of the positive cultural shifts that they have seen in art, music, entertainment and film originate from Africa. He talked about how it’s the perfect time to provide the international platform to share authentic African stories and showcase thought-provoking marketing and technological innovations sweeping the continent. Schenckner explained that it’s an exciting opportunity to bring internationally recognised professionals together with emerging talent to exchange ideas about how the continent is shaping global trends.
Advertising Week Africa Reveals Speaker Line-Up
Among the inaugural edition’s confirmed speakers include:
- Jean Marie Dru – chairman, TBWA Worldwide
- Kwame Acheampong – CEO, Mall for Africa
- Lolu Akinwunmi – Group CEO, Prima Garnett, Africa
- Faheem Chaudry – managing partner, MC Saatchi Abel, SA
- Colleen DeCourcy – co-president and chief creative officer, Weiden + Kennedy
- Jeff Goodby – co-chairman and partner, Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- Enver Groenewald – Africa director: media, marketing & enterprise digital transformation , Unilever
- Thebe Ikalafeng – founder and Group CEO, Brand Leadership
- Monique Nelson – CEO, UWG
- Ikechi Odigbo – managing director, DDB Lagos
- Asha Patel – head of marketing, Google SA
- Boniswa Pezisa – group CEO, Net#work BBDO
- Thabang Skwambane – managing director, FCB Africa
- Jimmy Smith – founder and CEO, Amusement Park
- Wole Soyinka – author and Nobel Laureate