Unlike Microsoft Office, Google Docs doesn’t have a
How to Enable Offline Access
A lot of people are unaware that you can work offline on Google Docs. When you are offline you can create new documents, view your old documents and continue work on your current document. Once the
- Open the Google Drive website
- Click the gear button at the top-right corner of the site
- Click Settings.
- On the General pane, ensure the “Sync your work to this computer so that you can edit offline” option is enabled
- Click Done. You can now work on your documents when you are offline.
How to Copy and Paste with the Web Clipboard
One brilliant thing, that’s great about Google Docs is that it has a web clipboard feature. The web clipboard feature can be shared across Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. It is associated with your Google account and can follow you across all the computers you use. The great thing about the clipboard is that it holds multiple items like text, images, drawings and other bits of data. Here’s how to copy and paste with the web clipboard:
- To use this feature, select some text then click Edit, use the Web Clipboard menu.
P.S: This way is best for copying some types of data like drawings. Please note that all items saved on the clipboard will be removed after 30 days if not used.
How to Search For and Insert Links
With Google Docs, you can search right there from the document for the link instead of opening a new browser tab. To do this simply:
- Click the insert > Link option.
- Type a search into the dialog and Google will display pages that match your search
- Click one to create a link to the selected address
How to Use the Research Tool
Google Docs has a sidebar that’s designed specifically for researching. The research tool allows you to search for images, quotations and web results. You can insert the searches into your document. With the tool, you can also search for academic studies and insert the correct footnotes or citations for MLA, APA, or Chicago citation formats.
How to Collaborate In Real Time
Google Docs has great collaboration features that allow you to collaborate with multiple people in real time. People given access to edit document can all edit it at the same time. To give someone access to edit the document simply:
- Click File > Share to start sharing the document. You can invite other users by their email addresses or share a special link with the users.